NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FUNERAL DIRECTORS
CODE OF PRACTICE PRINCIPLES
As a condition of membership, Members of the National Association of Funeral Directors agree to comply with the principles and the details of this Code of Practice:
SOME CODE OF PRACTICE PRINCIPLES
(Full code available at link on the bottom of this page)
1. To observe strictly the confidence of every client at all times.
2. To observe at all times the basic rights of clients as consumers
3. To render good service at all times and make fair charges in respect of services rendered and for merchandise supplied.
4. To ensure that advertising is always in good taste. No sensational, offensive or misleading advertising is permitted.
5. To provide clients with full and fair information about services. To have readily-available price lists covering the BASIC FUNERAL and all other types of coffins, caskets and services provided.
6. To display in the public area of our premises, price lists which will show both the total price for the funeral service and the cost of principal constituent items
7. To give a written estimate of all funeral charges and disbursements to be made on a client's behalf, together with written confirmation of the funeral arrangements, in each and every case as soon as is practicable before the day of the funeral. No contractual agreement will have been entered into until this has been accepted by the client.
8. To provide all clients with an itemised account in a form readily comparable with the estimate.
9. To refrain from soliciting funeral orders or offering or giving any reward for recommendation to persons or organisations such as health service establishments, nursing homes or coroners' offices, etc.
10. To display to the general public the Association's logo to demonstrate observance of this Code of Practice.
11. To cooperate at all times with Trading Standards Officers, Citizens Advice Bureaux, consumer support groups and any other body or organisation representing clients in the resolution of complaints or disputes.
12. To partake in, and abide by, the Conciliation, Independent Arbitration and Disciplinary procedures of the Association in the resolution of any complaints or disputes between a client and Funeral Director(s).
13. To abide by the decisions of the Disciplinary Committee of the Association in the resolution of any complaints arising from any disputes between a client and Funeral Director(s).
This Code and adherence hereto is monitored by the National Association of Funeral Directors
National Association of Funeral Directors,
618 Warwick Road, Solihull,